Wednesday 13 February 2013

DT Variant - Bekaa Blues - Concept (Pt2)

Following on from Part 1.  I found some useful information on Operation Drugstore which was the defence suppression mission flow in June 1982.  Not sure how MOLE CRICKET became DRUGSTORE or if one is the overarching name with sub elements. 

For now, however, it means that I have the start of some numbers to work with:
  • 26 F-4EII Phantoms
  • 26 Kfir C2
  • 40+ A-4 Skyhawk & Kfir C2s
  • Top cover from the F-15 and F-16 Squadrons
There is a need for new stats for the F-15 and F-16.  I think that the existing stats for the F-4EII, Skyhawk and Mirage can be adapted for the older airframes.

In terms of Syrian Targets we have a mix of SA-2, SA-3 and SA-6 batteries.  I find it strange to find there is no integration with AAA either fixed of SP mounts, but that means I can add those in as variants or random events add to the difficulty.

If I take the standpoint this is a "SAM Day" in game turns the MiGs didn't come up to play until the F-4E phantoms returned to work over the remains from the first two waves.  So I can play this out without having to worry about the A2A element just yet.

Model wise I need to check on the Kfir paint scheme.  Mine are in the later 2 tone grey scheme but I do have A-4 and F-4E already to go.  The F-16A will have to wait as I definitely don't have the lighter green sorted out yet.

More to follow as usual:)

No comments:

Post a Comment