These days you are spoilt with choice for wargames rules and game systems. I thought I would try these out using the "Sabre Squadron" rules which are designed for company actions
With this in mind I thought about using the on table forces for both sides which is essentially Infantry support by armour rather than a massed armoured engagement to start with.
So the force involved:
The Israeli forces are drawn from 7th Armoured Brigade and comprise:
- A company of Infantry in M113 APCs
- Two Recce Platoons of infantry, again in M113s
- Two Platoons of M60 Magach-6 tanks
- Supported by 2 Batteries of 155mm guns
- A company of Infantry in BTR-60PB APCs
- A Battery of 3 BRDM-2S ATGW
- They are supported by two batteries of 122mm guns
The models in the spares box only need a quick refresh with some VJ Green Grey paint and they will be ready. What I can't find are the Infantry so I have popped a quick order in to Heroics and Ros.
The Syrians will use my Soviet infantry and my Soviet MRB forces.